Monday, November 21, 2011

2011 Bonnie Hunter Mystery

I was NOT going to do this – I have wayyyyy to many other projects going.

Who am I kidding, I love the mysteries.  Sunday I started cutting and today I finished Clue #1.  I’m off and running…. 

223 - 2” hour glass blocks (black and neutral).  I started by just cutting lots of pairs.

ob001 

ob002  ob003

I cut, sewed, ironed, sewed, ironed, and ironed some more.  I HATE ironing.  But Bonnie’s #1 rule is NO WHINING! So lets move on.

I did need to cut a few more pairs, but this time I took a tip from Subee – she mentioned using starch to pair up the 1.5” strips before you cut.  More ironing!  Really. 

Well, it is suppose to make the cut much more accurate, and because the pairs stay together your seams are more accurate.  WOW! I can tell you that works GREAT!

ob004

No comments: