Saturday, March 27, 2010

Supply Storage

Ok, I have started to buy my spinach like this. It goes against most everything I beleive in. I like the idea of organic - but I do not beleive I need all this packaging and the extra cost is just crazy!

This is what I usually get. A bunch is normally about $1. But there is another cost...



Cleaning the bunch does takes time.


I remove the stems.



I like the stems. But I have talked my son and husband to eat spinach in their salads, and they do NOT like stems. Life is full of comprises.


And when you remove the stems there is some waste.


Don't for to dry before wrapping them up for the ice box.


Or you will have a slimmy green goo instead of a good salad.


So why did I start buying the over packaged, over priced box.

Quilting of course!

These are great for leader and ender pieces.

And I almost have 2 boxes of bonus tringles. One box for blue/neutral the other is mainly green/neutral, with 2 rows for orange/ivory and red/neutrals.

No comments: