Thursday, June 17, 2010

UFO's

What to do next?? I now know how I get so many UFO's. I have 180 of 200 4-patchs due for a swap. Some need to be squared up. Then I need to restack them into 20 stacks of 10 unique patches (sets) and get them in the mail. I have another swap waiting - just some candy bar 3.5x6.5 blocks. Also, I should be quilting Jacki's queen size beast or binding a Smoky Mt Quilt "just cauze". BUT....

I was just woundering the web and found a GREAT Quilt. Jo's Mavick Star Quilt. I want to start this or maybe not.
I have these Scrappy Jacbos Ladder squares. Look what some muslin and recycled shirts can become! The are NOT very square, the seam allowances are all over the place. These were the first things I sewed with my new 201.

I am going to count on the fact that the muslin is not prewashed and after quilting it should shrink and bunching will hide the flaws. We shall see!


But I'm one square short!!!! I'm thinking something totally different. A bright purple strip or maybe a multi bright strip. Got to go looking....


I think I'm going to put this together and try to free hand a feather or fan quilting.

No comments: