Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 UFO List

 

I decided to create a list of the items I need/want to finish this year.

First Need To:

  1. A quilt for Tony for his birthday.  I started this one today – it is #9 in the list below
  2. A quilt for Tim for Christmas.  I will NOT be quilting presents in November this year so as soon as Tony’s is done this is the next on my list.

Without further nonsense…  Here they are, or at least the ones I have identified as doable before the end of the year.

1

#1 Scrappy Jacobs Ladder

A quilt for ME.  I have this sandwiched and I am hand quilting it with free hand Bishop Fans.

 

 

 

002b

#2 Scrappy JacobsLadder2

Mom wanted my quilt above but I said no, so Jacki thought we should make her one for Christmas.  May this year. 

She wants it with very little or no batting, something about it being used as a table cloth.

 

003a

#3 Blue Blocks

I have a bunch of blocks using 30’s replica fabric and solids.  I thought about piecing a few more and making a top with them.  

We’ll see if this happens.

 

004a

#4 Baby Bricks

This started out as a gift for a co-workers baby, and I just do not like it.

Looks like it will be practice quilting on the machine then its off to charity.

 

005a

#5 & 6 Carolina Christmas

This is the first Mystery Quilt I  worked on in 2010.  I really like the blocks, but I’m not thrilled with Bonnie Hunters layout. 

So, I was thinking 2 quilts – one with each block type.  If not this is a HUGH quilt that will probably never get done.

006a

#7 Roll, Roll Cotton Boll

Bonnie Hunter’s 2010 Mystery, I’m getting use to the colors but I just don’t have enough neutral shirting to make the 60 string blocks needed.

A good reason to visit the Salvation Army again.  :)

 

sm007a

#8 Christmas Lights

This is Bonnie’s Christmas Lights, and it is growing on me. 

I used some of the 4patch blocks that I swapped last year with Bonnie Minor on the HGTV boards.

I put all the blocks together in a weekend – until I found out I was short the red check fabric.  I need 3 more.  I decided to use the solid red in the corners. 

Can you see the frog stitching I need to do here before I make borders and quilt.  1 block twisted, ugh…..

sm008a

#9  2011 Block of the Month

And here is one I started this weekend.  I plan to put this together for Tony’s birthday – I have to find some 6” blocks for the centers, because I will only have 1 or 2 more before then, but I will keep up with the girls, I think I may want one of these for me too. 

Watch out here comes another UFO – oh what else would I do anyway…..

I think that is a little much for me, but lets see – it’s less than one a month.  hummmmm

No comments: