The original recipe was found at Chickens in the Road here. You can find LOTS of good thing on this site. Most of my new recipes come from the forum – Check it out!! Here is my version of these cookies, I made a few modifications mostly because we don’t keep a large pantry and I like coffee flavor a lot. Boy are they good, YUM!!
2 1/2 T instant coffee crystals
2 1/4 c flour
3 T coco powder
1/4 c chocolate chips (optional)
- dissolve coffee in 1 1/2 T of creamer
- in mixer, cream butter with sugar and brown sugar
- add coffee mixture, soda, salt, egg and vanilla
- mix in flour slowly
- divide dough in half
- add coco powder and creamer to one half
- add chocolate chips to other half
- place a small drop of each dough together on cookie sheet
- bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees
NOTE: There are only 2 of us here now, and instead of baking all of this recipe, I baked 2 small sheets then wrapped the rest into 2 rolls and refrigerate for later in the week.