Sunday, April 3, 2011

Project List – 2011 UFO Updated

Today is April 3 – one 1/4 of the way thru the years.  Lets have a look at my progress.  I have finished a few quilts, and also created a couple of project that I may use for gifts.  But there are also new items started.  Any one surprised?!?!?

  1. I have recreated and updated my list from Jan below and I feel pretty good about my progress so far.   It’s not great, but  a first step in getting things organized.  This is the first time I have made a list and it feels good to have something to go to when I get that Quilter ADD feeling…… 
  2. I started a modified Blue Ridge Beauty (a Bonnie Hunter pattern – check out here site HERE)  This will be for a bed when showing the house.  I can NOT believe that I do not have finished beds with as many quilts as I make.  Seems we like throw quilts over finished large quilts. 
  3. When Grandma B. passed last month, my husband asked me to make a quilt out of a fleece type sweater that his mother had given her.  That “top” is together, and will be sandwiched before next weekend (maybe today?)  Watch for a pic soon.
  4. A Coworker is having a baby, and I want to do something there to.  I have a few ideas, will have to see how soon I can get going on that.
  5. I have started a Challenge from the HGTV Boards.  We all send in a set of 2 6” squares and everyone has 6 months to create a quilt for charity.  Prizes are given and support is always there, well see how far in over my head I am – my pairs go in the mail Monday.   (A great group of quilters check it out HERE)
  6. Finally, the group of ladies on the Boards have a retreat each year, and even though I have only been a member since last year, I have decided to go to NC this year.  Actually this MONTH!   4 days of classes, presentations, outing to shop at MaryJo’s and a Thread Mill in the area.   I should be saving money right now, but I’m going anyway. 

 

#1 Scrappy Jacobs Ladder 
Done!



I have been using this for week.  :)

#2 Scrappy JacobsLadder2 

No Progress, if I get a design wall – this would be one of the first there.

#3 Blue Blocks

No Progress, this really does need some more thought….

#4 Baby Bricks
No Progress, may be a practice quilt after machine quilting class at the retreat next month, hum.

#5 & 6 Carolina Christmas
Next, after baby quilt(s),
but after some more deliberation I think one quilt not two

#7 Roll, Roll Cotton Boll
No Progress, I am going to have to get excited about this one – LOTS of work too go.

#8 Christmas Lights
Boarders on, Sandwiched, Labeled, Ready to Quilt, Yah!

#9  2011 Block of the Month
Done! 

Ready to Mail, timing is everything – FL on April 15 or 16

No comments: