Lets start with me: Computer programmer for over 25 years, happily married to my husband for over 25 years, mother of 2 (son 22 & daughter 21), and looking forward to this new internet adventure.
So why did I start this blog??? I wanted to start documenting some quilting projects and sharing ideas like those I have been enjoying for the past few months. so here goes....
This morning started with me and the animals at home. Daughter in MN at college, Son in MO helping a family friend and Husband at work driving to Indiana. My goals today: snack, wood to the barn before the rain comes, binding for the 5 window quilts destine for our daughters house in MN, and by the end of the weekend finish ordiments pieces for christmas block swap.
1) Window Quilts - 6 of 8 are quilted needing only binding and/or hanging sleeves.
I sew in the dining room, no sewing room here in IL, may in the new house in MO. I could set up in the den but I dont like to be at one end of the house when the rest of the family is in at the other. The dining room is right next to the family room with its wood burning stove and comfy chairs. Then when I have had enough, my chair and laptop are waiting for me!
2) Snack - This was decided when I found 2 package of cocoa in the cupboard. Another small decluttering project! Why is it that I always end up with 5 project at once - in the '60 they did not call it ADD - but I think I would have been a prime canidate if it had existed....lol
I may not have human company - but I always have help!
The receipe is on the back of the cocoa container but here it is, I did not try to "healthy" it up.
Hershey's Perfectly ChocolateChocolate Cake yum yum!
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 c flour
3/4 c H Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup veg oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- mix dry ing, then add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla - beat for 2 min
- add boiling water (batter will be thin)
- bake in greased and floured 9in round pans or cupcake for 22-25 min
3) When husband got home we did get a load of wood into the barn - I think the goal is 1 more skid in the barn before snow. It really isn't that bad when you have company - and the dogs are alwasy willing to help.
4) I did get some work on my christmas block swap -- will add that tomorrow when they are done?? Ok, I can dream - husband is home tomorrow, so there will probably be something outside to do.... maybe it will rain