Sunday, November 28, 2010

Another Quilt

Did I mention that I get carried away when I start piecing quilt tops.

It seems that I am not the only one that flew through the first two clues of Bonnie Hunter's 2010 Mystery, Roll Roll Cotton Boll. (you can find the posts on Bonnie's site at Quiltville.com)

I have Units 1 and 2 done, and the next clue will not be posted till Friday morning.


So what to do when my quilting A.D.D. kicks in. Start another one - of course!

Bonnie has also posted the first set of instructions for a sew-a-long for:
Christmas Lights


Lets back up a minute. I have seen this quilt many times. But it was for a publication that was out long before I had found Bonnie.

The first unit of this quilt is 52 4Patch units from 2" squares. I already have those done! I did a bunch as leader/enders.

The next group of units are hst (half square triangles). I need practice with these. And what better way to improve your skills than to practice! Soooooo

Here are the next units for this quilt.

  • 40 black/neutral hsts - check!
  • 48 gold/nuetral hst - I have 39???? need to go cut a few more....
  • 48 mirror image green/black/neutral units - I have 19 of each, more cutting.

No comments: