Sunday, November 28, 2010

Roll, Roll Cotton Boll

Bonnie Hunter is doing another mystery quilt! You can find the posts on her blog Quiltville's Quips & Snips and her website Quiltville.com .

I was not going to do this years mystery. I tend to get carried away when I do these projects and have to work all week until the clue is done.

Then this year I was following the posts and I reallized Bonnie is taking it easy on the followers.

So with Jacki back in MN, I took the leap and moved my "stuff" to the family room.

Did I mention, my sewing room. We use to call this the den, but I have taken over. And really there is not much of the "DEN" left. But I digress......

So in order to stay warm, I picked up my Double Pinks, Greens and Browns and moved to the room with the wood burner.


Its a little cramped and I needed to break out an extension cord to reach my machine. But I have started...


Clue 01 done. Check!

172 units complete. Well really there are 180. When you strip quilt you often end up with extras. I will either make more to use for the boarders, use on the back somewhere. Or they will end up in an orphan unit stash. One day I should do something with that pile of stash.


Clue 02 done. Check!

Now I get to wait till Friday for clue 03. I guess I will go back to hand quilting.

No comments: