Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dinner is scheduled for 1:30pm

Yesterday I had the day off with John. We did some of those routine things together. With him working nights we don't get much "together time", so we went grocery shopping - Ughhhh.

Ok we need to work on this I know it......

I need to be quite but we need something for supper at 1:30. Lets start with potatos.

Don't worry about getting them cut up the same size - just hack at them, but I'm making them small - I only have 4 hours!

Soup's cooking! Chicken stock, potatoes, onions and spice - in the crock-pot. Done.

A little clean up needed, but this isn't to bad.

That's my little red french press, I couldn't do anything in the morning without it first.

After 3 hours on high, the red onions are a thing of the past. The boat motor will make quick work of those chunks.

(Note: if you leave this cook for 4 - 5 hours on high the soup will taste more like baked potato soup-this crock-pot will even brown some of the splatters on the side so I know when to stop)
A few more steps - 8 oz of cream cheese (life is better with CHEESE!)

Add this to the pot and cook for 15-20 min longer to melt.


This is just shy of 1/3 a 12 oz package of bacon.

And I did NOT get the remainder back into the freezer in time. John grabbed it for tomorrows breakfast. He is usually off on Sunday, and that is his day to have a nice breakfast. It usually involves eggs, toast and some type of meat - bacon is his favorite! It will be split between the 3 of us. Or rather, I will get 2 pieces. And the guy will split the rest.

Now I have help in the kitchen, its not a little space but I just want to finish! And John does NOT understand taking photos while cooking a meal.

He is off to the shower. I have 10 min to get this done. Chop and crisp. (we need something else) check out the panini's in the next post. I made it, but didn't get all the pics I wanted.


The result: A Success!! - Now off to chop on some fabric, I'm going to play.

Crock-Pot Potato Soup
2.5 lbs peeled & cubed red potatos
1/2 small onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 t seasoning salt
pinch cayenne pepper
1 qt chicken stock
8 oz cream cheese
Garnish (crispy bacon and/or green onions)

Place all item in crock-pot except cream cheese and garnish - cook on high for 3-5 hours. (a longer cook time in my HOT crock-pot will give a roast flavor, but I have to watch that it does not burn)

Smooth soup with emersion blender, cut cream cheese into blocks and add to soup. Cook 15-25 min longer to melt.

Stir and Serve with garnish as desired.



No comments: